Insurance policy for owners
If the space that you as the Host / Owner have rented through www.e-stabil.ro suffered damages following its usage by the Guest (other than those resulting from normal wear), E-stabil will offer compensation in the limit of 1000 Euro for the damage incurred, with the provisions of this policy of compensation.
To be eligible to receive the compensation described in this policy you have to meet the conditions described below.
As Host / Owner, you will give expressly consent to file all necessary efforts to directly contact the Guest responsible for producing the damage within maximum one working day of his departure from the rented space, or if you discover the damage before the Guest's departure from the rented space, immediately, in order to settle the dispute amicably.
If the Host and the Guest do not reach an amicable settlement of the dispute within a maximum of 5 working days calculated from the day the host firstly contacted the guest with this purpose, the Host will send to E-stabil the demand for compensation according to this policy. Applications not submitted in time will not be eligible for compensation.
In this policy, the terms below shall have the meaning detailed in this chapter.
Cash equivalent - the amount needed to repair or replace damaged or destroyed property following the action / inaction of the guest. The amount in this case will be calculated taking into account the date of the damage / destruction, the state of the property before it was damaged, the age of the property.
Application for damages - claim filed and signed by the Host that will include: identification of the Host and the Guest, of the rented space, information on goods damaged / destroyed. The application will be submitted in original to E-stabil’s address by any means that provide acknowledgment of receipt (with return receipt mail / courier).
Term deposit claim for damages - 5 working days calculated from the day the Host first contacted the Guest in order to amicably solve the dispute resulted from destruction / damage. Applications not submitted in time will not be eligible for compensation.
Goods covered by this policy - movable tangible property which is normally in a home (eg furniture, appliances and electronics). There will not be awarded compensation and will not be treated as goods for the purposes of this policy: the creatures that are in the rented space (eg dogs, cats, fish, birds or other creatures that may be considered pets, this list is not exhaustive) or gold jewelry or other precious metals.
Damage / destruction covered by this policy - compensation is granted only for damage / destruction that took place after an action / inaction attributable to the Guest for goods that are inside the rented space.
Limit of indemnity – the compensation granted is up to 1000 Euro, equivalent in lei from the date of the application for the granting of compensation, even if the damage / destruction that took place is beyond this amount. If several goods have been damaged / destroyed by a Guest, the 1000 Euro limit applies to total assets damaged / destroyed and will not be applicable for each item separately.
III. CONDITIONS FOR GRANTING COMPENSATION
In order to receive compensation, the host must fulfill the following conditions:
- The Host must prove the existence of a right to use the rented space (eg title, lease or bailment signed with the owner of the property).
- The Host must indicate the responsible Guest and provide his identification data (name, address, etc.).
- The Host must prove the existence of the damage sustained and indicate the equivalent in cash.
- The goods damaged / destroyed must subject to this policy.
- The damage / destruction must be the direct result of the Guest’s action / inaction.
- The damage / destruction must have occurred during the Guest’s stay in the rented space, according to the booking made through the website www.e-stabil.ro.
- The Host must prove the attempt to resolve the dispute amicably with the guest directly responsible of the damage / destruction of property (eg notification and proof of communication with the Guest).
- The Host must prove the damage / destruction is the direct result of the Guest’s action / inaction.
- The Host must prove that he addressed the competent state authorities to punish the Guest that caused the damage / destruction (eg complaint registered with the police department filed by the Host against the guest for damages).
- The request for compensation must be submitted within a maximum of 5 working days calculated from the day the Host first contacted the Guest in order to amicably solve the dispute resulted from the destruction / damage.
IV. THE PROCEDURE FOR COMMUNICATION AND THE SETTLEMENT OF THE DEMAND FOR COMPENSATION
The request for compensation and the evidence that the request fulfills the conditions listed above shall be submitted in original to E-stabil’s address - Pucheni Street, nr. 115 B, Sector 5, Bucharest, by any means that ensure acknowledgment of receipt (with return receipt mail / courier).
E-stabil will consider the request and the documents and will answer the Host at the contact details indicated in the application for compensation, within 30 days of receipt.
To achieve the analysis of the cash equivalent of the damage / destruction, E-stabil reserves the right to use the services of an expert in such assessments.
E-stabil’s response can be:
- total admission of the demand of compensation, in which case E-stabil will require the Host to communicate a bank account, for the payment of damages;
- partial admission of the claim, when E-stabil considers that the amount claimed as damages by the host does not conform to reality, in which case the Host will be required to communicate a bank account for the payment of the compensation approved;
- the refusal of compensation, when E-stabil considers that the claims are not substantiated or have not met the conditions listed above.
If the application for compensation was admitted in whole or in part, the amount established as damages (which may not exceed in any case the amount of 1000 Euros) will be paid by E-stabil within 30 days of the solving of the request, only if the Host communicated a bank account for payment as stated above.
V. FINAL PROVISIONS
This policy is subject to the laws in Romania and is part of the terms and conditions of the site www.e-stabil.ro.
This insurance policy only applies to online bookings coming from the site www.e-stabil.ro (for telephone bookings, www.e-stabil.ro assumes absolutely no liability whatsoever).
E-stabil reserves the right to change this policy at any time, without requiring prior notice.